While waiting for the filler to dry on the DRD shell, I started to play around with the eye stalks.
I had been to my local home do-it store and I purchased some corrugated cable tubes that are used behind monitors or computers where the cables are neatly dressed together.
I also got some plastic electrical conduit pieces. The pieces have a nice bulge at the end that look about right. I cut the conduit down to a smaller size and these are going to be the basis of my DRDs eye stalk.
To give it some stiffness I added two plastic tubes from the plumbing section and finally a metal coat hanger wire to allow it to hold its shape.
Here are the eye pieces with the paper and additional detail added. I got two LED flashlights from the dollar store. Both will be cut down as above from the original size to the one below.