Most people were happy to see him and took the opportunity to get their sonic screwdrivers out. (Ha like that really has an effect on Daleks).
Last year it was obvious that he moved rather slowly and while he was cute and everything, he was also very s-l-o-w.
This year I chose to “update” his motor control by changing the gear ratio on the VEX chassis that I made for last year. I changed it from being high torque to more speed. I learned an important lesson. High torque works better on carpet especially when you want to turn.
If I were to make an upgrade to the VEX chassis for next year, I would add floating wheels for the front. I did not realize that having four fixed wheels does not mix well with low torque. I did not realize that it was more of a fluke that he could turn on a dime last year and due to the higher torque.
There were many amazing costumes and though I did not have a camera with me at all times, I managed to get a few pictures.